Loading
Click Here to Subscribe For FREE SMS Alerts on Disaster Awareness
OR SEND SMS " ON DISASTERAWARENESS " TO 9870807070


Refresher Training of CERT by FOCUS

Saturday, February 18, 2012

The best of machines-with-a-mind

GEEK SPEAK

'Smart' technology has spread from mobile phones to sundry gadgets

- Norbert Rego 



Fridge that plays dietician 
I What? LG ThinQ smart refrigerator I Features: It's a dietician-in-a-fridge with a built-in screen that shows you what lies inside. You can feed in your BMI (body mass index) and target weight loss and, using a voice recognition feature, the fridge tells you whether you've made the healthiest choice
available. It can download recipes based on the food items that lie in it. Scan the barcode of items inside and it reminds you of expiry dates through a text message on your phone. I USP: Food lying forgotten in the vegetable case is a thing of the past. I Price: 1,55,665 (approx) 
I Available on: 
www.lg.com 


Doctor on your wrist 
I What? Basis watch I Features: This hi-tech watch tells you how your heart responds to various stimuli throughout the day, monitors your heartbeat and comes up with reasons — fitness level or 
erratic sleep patterns — that could be affecting your health. Sensors fitted within it track blood flow, motion, temperature, sweat levels and blood oxygen level. I USP: It catches and deciphers body signals. I Price: 9,793 (approx) I Available on: 
www.mybasis.com 


Sting operation tool 
I What? Hammacher Schlemmer HD video pen I Features: This ball-point pen's built-in camera captures high definition videos and still images with 
    the click of a button. The built-in 
1.3 MP image sensor captures up to five hours of AVI video, which you can store on the pen's 8GB memory. Its colour camera lens is located above the pocket clip, and microphone on the side of the barrel under the pocket clip. The pen's lithium battery lasts for up to two hours, and is chargeable on a USB or AC adaptor. I USP: Its built-in USB 2.0 port allows you to download videos when connected to a Mac or PC running Windows 7, Vista, or XP, without having to load software. I Price:7,379 (approx) I Available on: www.hammacher.com 


GADGET OF THE WEEK 
I What? Brookstone WiFi cufflinks I Features: These are cufflinks Bond would buy. Their built-in Wi-Fi hotspot and covert data storage turn your wrist into a mobile hotspot you can use to surf the net with your smart phone or iPad. The cufflinks also double as a USB storage device and come with 2GB space. I USP: They let you create wireless hotspots. I Price: 14,764 (approx) I Available on: www.brookstone.com 

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Slide Presentation


TO GET FREE ALERTS ON MOBILE SEND SMS " ON DISASTERAWARENESS" TO 9870807070


Enter a Youtube URL to download:

Powered by KeepHD.com
Custom Search

Daily Green News

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online